grey layers

I'm working on a 2 storey house, and I want to show the ground floor layer grey while I work on the upper floor.

Suddenly, this has stopped working - just on this particular file. I can still do it on other current files, I just go into Layers and click on grey for whichever layer I want to show, exit layers, and there it is.

Have I accidently keyed in something that prevents this? Is there something in Preferences I should look for?

VWA10.5 on 17" iMac

I am not sure what you mean by "not working".

Could you have inadvertently changed your Class visibility rather than your layer visibility? What about the visibility of your layers/classes on the sheet you are working on? Speaking of the sheet, what about the active layer/class? If any of this does not help, can you be more specific about the problem?

Jim

Thank you for your reply.

All classes are on, on all layers.

Under Layer Setup, I have the choice of any layer being Visible, Invisible or Grey. Usually they are set to Invisible, so I only see the layer I am working on, but if I click Grey on one layer, it appears grey if I am working on any other layer. At least up till now in all the time I have been using VW - suddenly in this one file it no longer works, I see only the active layer irrespective of which other layers I click Grey or Visible.

DW