CTross

Looking for a Drinking fountain resource,

I need a resource drinking fountain. If it exists already can someone point me to it.

Thanks

I usually to to the Sketchup 3D warehouse when looking for items like this.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search.html?q=drinking fountain&backendClass=both

ps don't forget best practices when importing Sketchup models, I understand them as importing the model into a new blank file. Then copy and paste into the working file.

Edited by J. Wallace
add ps

also have some in the Ideal standards catalog in the sanitary fixtures libraries that ship with Vectorworks.  we will look into making some more for other countries.

Rob.

1 hour ago, Rob Books said:

also have some in the Ideal standards catalog in the sanitary fixtures libraries that ship with Vectorworks.  we will look into making some more for other countries.

Rob.

Could you point me to the actual folder name or name of the fixture.  I was not able to find. 

Without a list of available VW Library Resources it is really hard find anything in the VW Resource Library, I have not been able to find the resource you mention.  I've looked in the Architectural Sampler and the Generic Sanitary Fixtures and could not find a drinking fountain of any sort. 

58c6c0696f4f9_ScreenShot2017-03-13at11_52_06AM.png.454d08d605bfaba1564e8247421e7c73.png58c6c068d3f93_ScreenShot2017-03-13at11_51_37AM.png.34e9d2d7114a48f0de9bd8a7026f5b48.png

Oops.  Now I see it.  Sorry.   EWF!  I searched under "drinking" "water" and "fountain".  But not "EWF".  :-)

In the US at least most commercial drinking fountains are a "high- low" design to meet Accessibility standards. 

Edited by cberg
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cberg said:

Oops.  Now I see it.  Sorry.   EWF!  I searched under drinking, water, and fountain.  But not EWF.  :-)

@Rob BooksPossibly something we could improve by adding meta data for search to these content libraries? A few natural-language items?

• Like 1

On 3/13/2017 at 0:30 PM, JimW said:

@Rob BooksPossibly something we could improve by adding meta data for search to these content libraries? A few natural-language items?

I will point it out to the Architectural content folks.