Open Beta?

Last week I found some time to look at two things I have been putting off due to workload

1. Convert so Subdivision (2D and 3D)

2. VR on mobile

The very first two objects I created for Sub-D failed. I posted and they were accepted as bugs.

The first check on my mobile for VR showed that directional lighting needs a heap more work and I have no idea if a controller works with first person 360 mode

My point here is that I found these within minutes of checking. I am not commenting on the QA process but just saying that if we had an Open Beta or something similar then these may well have been found and fixed. As it stands convert to Sub-D is a series of workarounds and VR on mobile is completely unworkable.

My 2 cents.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, barkest said:

The very first two objects I created for Sub-D failed. I posted and they were accepted as bugs.

The same happened to me, also on the very first object I tried to convert to Sub-D (a simple extruded ellipse).

Unfortunately, I agree wholeheartedly with @barkest.

I haven't started using 2017 on any projects yet because of the multitude of issues that I keep reading about on the forums, which is incredibly frustrating.

In my opinion, ever since Vw started releasing yearly updates, I have felt that the QA/QC has gone downhill.