image fill shortcut

What do you mean? Do you want to be able to assign an Image Fill to an object but then not have that fill show up? On Design Layers or Viewports?

In Viewports it may be possible to do this using class overrides.

In Design layers I don't think there is a built in way. It may be possible to write a script that would save the image information into a record and then toggle between that information and some default fill color/hatch. Is this something you need to do often?

hi pat i was doing some shapes and the class was set to fill background so i created a few overlapping lines and curves and the wanted to combine into surface but to do this there has to be no background fill

well i thinks that's correct otherwise you get funny results....so it would have been useful but not essential to swap from fill to no fill......i guess the easiest way would have been to create a new class with no fill and then change the class to fill once all the shapes were created.....no big deal really but a simple command as in photoshop to switch from black to white would have been good

thanks for coming back on this one