3D Object View

I have just imported a 3D CAD drawing from a supplier.  However the view orientation is incorrect.  When I downloaded the file the view is indicating top/plan view, but is actually showing a front view?  How do I correct this so that I may use in my current file with the proper view?

Thanks,

lm

The "front" drawing of the object was drawn in what Vectorworks considered to be the Top/Plan view of the object.  By going to a side view (right or left), you got effectively a "line" view of the side of the object. Rotate that 90° and that line is now vertical instead of horizontal.  

Switch to the From view and the objects are now in the correct orientation.  

Think about it like a standard 6 sided die or cube.  It the "top" face is showing something and you rotate it from a side by 90°, then either the front or the back will then show what was previously showing on the top.

Yes.  Vectorworks sensibly considers the +Z axis to be up.

Other software consider +Z to be perpendicular to the screen towards you.  An object drawn in such a system may need to be rotated 90º about the common x axis (Left - Right on the screen in both systems).

So as Jim & Pat explain this is easily done from a side view.