Section cut filled in, not sure how or why.

GSpess

Question

So I was doing an exercise out of the Vectorworks for Entertainment Design book and I came across a problem I can't seem to solve on my own. At one point I ended up changing something in my file, and filling in my section cut entirely.

Here's some screenshots of what's there. The left is the "final" piece, the one on the right was pulled from a backup, still missing dimensioning, and other such things.

I'll be open to trying all suggestions again  (I won't list what I've done as not to look past it), but I'm just interested in getting this working. 

I think the biggest change between these two files was that I changed the class of the object, and added a render style to it. I tried changing the class of the object back to another class (a few even) and it didn't seem to help the problem, but perhaps theres another way around it.

If there's anything else I can give in terms of information let me know!

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 1.59.05 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 1.58.51 PM.jpg

1 answer to this question

My guess is the object was a solid subtract and at some point you ungrouped it, returning it back to two objects - a sphere and the shape you subtracted it from. If "Merged Cross Sections" is turned on in the Advanced Properties tab of the Section Viewport, the sphere and the other object would show in the section as a single object. I think if you investigate a bit, you'll find the sphere....

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister