right click for a new class

Check out this thread. The script creates a new class based on the attributes of the selected object. If you don't need this complication, tell me what you do need and I will see about simplifying it.

Copy and paste the script into a new, blank Plug-in Menu command.  (Tools:Plug-ins:Plug-in Manager).  Name and save the Plug-in.  Edit your workspace and add the new command to the Menus, Document Context or Object Context as needed.

hi pat

I need just create a class....don't need to assign a pen colour or thickness

it's for my render programme....basically any part of the model has to have a class assignemnt....so on this project for instance, i have 30 surfaces that have a different leather texture

when i export the model and then open it in artlantis there will be the 30 surfaces with a class that i can drag and drop my materials onto....the class of course need a fill but the colour and line thickness

to the look of the render once inside the artlantis window......when i am preparing my technical drawings inside VW i do assign pen colours and a line thickness

this is a screen grab from my render window

hope this makes sense 

thanks

class export.jpg