How to present floor plans (interior drawing), none technical

Hi drafters,

Seeing we have to present our drawings I was wondering if I was the only designer/CAD drafter who 

presents his designs in this particular way. A lot of my clients do not like (read get distracted) from all of the extra information: wall thicknesses, isolations, the usual technical aspects which can be found in the architect drawing. This is my way of drawing (screenshots taking from my VW Fundamentals). And to be honest... I think this way of drawing is more easier on the eye (if you know what I mean).

Greetings from the Netherlands

Schermafbeelding 2017-01-04 om 14.33.06.png

Schermafbeelding 2017-01-04 om 14.40.26.png

Schermafbeelding 2017-01-04 om 14.32.14.png

Schermafbeelding 2017-01-04 om 14.39.59.png

Schermafbeelding 2017-01-04 om 14.31.04.png

Schermafbeelding 2017-01-04 om 14.34.54.png

Schermafbeelding 2017-01-04 om 14.33.56.png

Schermafbeelding 2017-01-04 om 14.34.28.png

Schermafbeelding 2017-01-04 om 14.36.05.png

Schermafbeelding 2017-01-04 om 14.38.13.png

I like it :)

It looks graphically very appealing that way.

If thinks have a certain complexity and amount of information, they may appear at a certain

complexity in their representations necessarily.

The only thing I notice a bit problematic that there is low contrast between the borders of

of spaces (Walls) by the similar Floor colors which makes it a bit hard to read where a room

starts or ends.

And, for things like the bathroom perspective, that the dimensions are equally to the lines

of the room edges which will distract. I think it would improve if it is possible to create

a contrast between geometry and information, even at the expense of graphical unity.

Don't know if adding additional line weights will do any better or if there is a way to fade

dimensions and such , but I think those dimensions over a 60% gray surface would disturb

the impression of the room less will still being readable.

Hi @iSymbol-franklin  Your drawings look great.  I would agree with Zoomer that you could use a bit more contrast between walls and floors and what appears to be closet spaces and voids.

If clients are finding some details to be to cluttered perhaps by using a deeper use of "classes", that you turn off some information that may not be very useful to your client but is for the contractor

and governing authorities.  This is where sheet layers shine.  You could essentially duplicate the detail sheets and by using class overrides you can have a separate sheet specifically for client reviews so as 

to avoid having to turn classes on and off as you need them to make appropriate printed copies for various uses.

^ good idea.

Plus, not sure if possible in Fundamentals, as for things like insulation and such,

the ability to use the simple wall option to display the whole Wall Components Package

unified, controlled by the overall Wall Class as a single element.

For a set of additional presentation plan viewports for a client.