Tom Klaber

Annotations Gray Display Settings

Question

6 answers to this question

Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Display There is a "Show other objects while In editing modes" option and under it the setting for greying those objects.

Hey! I just learned there is a quick toggle for this in the quickprefs at the top right of the View bar, however it only toggles visible/invisible, I'll put in a request that it let you choose visible/invisible/grey.

• Like 2

I like that one - but it does not affect the Annotations view.  

For some reason the gray out effect for editing does - but there is no way to turn off other objects (nor have I ever wanted one) in for annotations.  Sometimes, though - I do want to gray out the VW to annotate - and other times I want the full display.   Nit-picky I know.

It does for me here, however there IS an existing bug where depending on how complex the objects are in the container you're editing the setting doesnt behave properly. In a very simple test file here I am able to toggle it during editing and the other objects vanish/appear. I'll bump that one as well just in case.

Yes it does work in that it hides other objects outside the VP.

What I am talking about is the graying of the VP itself.  When the gray settings are on - when you jump into the VP - the VP itself grays out - which sometimes is helpful.  If that setting is turned off - then when you jump into the VP - the VP display remains as set in the OIP.  

What I need is faster control over this "In Annotations" view setting.  Again - deep cut - nitty gritty.

Its a pretty specific use case.  So it should not be high on anybody's list. It happens that I am doing a document review - comparing two plans - and calling out all the differences and issues.  I am using Keynotes - and probably would like to do this on design layer - except we are working with a twisting tower, and our standard display is in rotated plan - making the callout tool almost impossible to work with... So - I am doing the overlay in the VP - and discovered the need to not have it gray itself out. 

• Like 1