Importing sketch-up 3d file from a client for the first time

kroman

Question

Hi.

Working in 2016, Im having trouble importing a sketch-up file. Ive done it before, with quite easily as I recall, but this time after selecting the file,  instead of getting a dialog,  nothing happens.

What might I be missing?

Thanks!

Kevin Roman

roman.kc@me.com

6300_V1.skp

Edited by kroman
Grammar

3 answers to this question

It's probably because it is a SKP 2016 version file, and I believe that Vw2016 can only import up to SKP 2015. You'll need to save the SketchUp file to 2015or earlier in order to import it into Vw2016.

@JimW- It would be helpful if there were provided an error dialogue box explaining that Vw can only import up to a certain version of SketchUp files; The Help file also does not appear to mention any version limitations on Importing SketchUp files.

Edited by rDesign
  • Like 2

Thanks Tim.

Its worth noting that I tried converting to 2014 first because I had a drawing in that version which I had imported with success. That did not work, which is when I decide to post.  Once I converted the original file to 2015, I was able to start the process.

Cheers!

Edited by kroman