Old dog switching from VW 12 to 2013 - What happened to leader lines?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Ah yes, you want to "Leader Line Simple". It has been removed from the default workspaces, but it can be added back in. Go to the workspace Editor to the Tools tab. You'll find it under the View/Draw category (in the left column). You can drag it over to the desired palette in the right column.

Brilliant!  Thanks you so much - I wish I could buy a beer for everytime someone helped me with one of these niggly things.

Now if I could only get rid of that annoying smart cursor cross hair thing - I think at one time I did talk to someone in support and was told I have to live with this thing - no way to get rid of it

I have had 2013 for almost 4 years now and never used it largely because of this.  I only used it to import newer .dwg files then export to V12 immediately

Screen shot 2016-09-30 at 7.53.29 AM.jpg

5 minutes ago, Kerschbaumer said:

Brilliant!  Thanks you so much - I wish I could buy a beer for everytime someone helped me with one of these niggly things.

When's the next time you'll be in Columbia Maryland? :-P

As for the smart cursor. Give it a little time.  You'll get used to it. Even if you don't, I think you'll have plenty of good reasons to not go back to VW 12. ;-)

3 hours ago, Matt Panzer said:

When's the next time you'll be in Columbia Maryland? :-P

As for the smart cursor. Give it a little time.  You'll get used to it. Even if you don't, I think you'll have plenty of good reasons to not go back to VW 12. ;-)

Nothing planned but if VW developed an implant chip or procedure that would reprogram my brain habits to new versions I would be there tomorrow.

Been through the 'new version' routine several times now, started on v6, so this is not new, and I know it does get better, eventually.

For the leader line I couldn't get the default insertion point to set either - I would change it  and next time I used it it would revert to the centre of the shoulder line.

21 hours ago, HEengineering said:

going a bit further is there anyway to alter the marker on the simple leader line tool? So that a spefic marker can be shown? I know you can adjust it after the fact, Im talking about setting it up so that it displays every time a new leader is drawn?

If you you use the Simple Leader Line tool with an active class that is set to use class attributes, the leader should take on the marker size and type of the class.

21 hours ago, Kerschbaumer said:

Nothing planned but if VW developed an implant chip or procedure that would reprogram my brain habits to new versions I would be there tomorrow.

Been through the 'new version' routine several times now, started on v6, so this is not new, and I know it does get better, eventually.

For the leader line I couldn't get the default insertion point to set either - I would change it  and next time I used it it would revert to the centre of the shoulder line.

How did you know about the implant chip? ;-)

The Leader Line tool (not the simple one) should remember the insertion mode it was last used in. It does for me.

Doesnt seem to for me, but dont need now that I have the simple tool

On another note - Rotated rectangle - I used to have it as a seperate tool icon, now it appears embedded in the rectangle tool - is there anyway to break it out on its own?  I know these may sound trivial but when I click a mouse a million times a day I try my best to minimize those clicks.

• Like 1