Ramon PG

2017 does not start even after registering my ID twice

Question

I was able to enter my info and play a bit with 2017. A couple of hours later it refuses to start and just quits after trying to load "Workspace Support System". I have entered my registration info twice already. Don't I get an acknowledgment by email?

Edited by Ramon PG

7 answers to this question

Hello Jim, I have the file but this site does not accept .spx files and the instructions say "DO NOT change format to RFT". I tried compacting it to a .zip and here it goes.

Mac mini.spx.zip

Whoops, my fault! I have added spx as an allowed extension type. Zipping was a perfect good workaround, thank you. Taking a look now.

The graphics card in this machine is an integrated Intel HD, which could be causing the problem. That GPU is below minimum specs needed, but you MIGHT be able to get it working if you do a full preference reset:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/1099/Resetting+Vectorworks+Preferences

Then, launch Vectorworks again and if it opens, immediately go to Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Display > Navigation Graphics and drop that to "Best Compatibility" then restart Vectorworks again to lock in the change.

Got an "Error loading Vision". I click OK, twice.

I was asked my serial number and I entered.

Got asked my name and company and I entered.

2017 quit.