Site Model back fill

Site Model pads can be used to represent excavation and produce Cut volumes for foundations, piers, and other sub grade features. But back fill is not a site model feature. Is it?

Model a trench with a pad representing excavation for the bottom of a concrete footing. Model the footing in the trench then model the narrower stem wal rising from center of the footing.

What is process for site model to backfill both sides of the stem wall, and include the fill in the Site Model OIP volume calcs?

Similarly, what are Site Model strategies to represent buried vaults and other large sub grade objects with associated cut/fill calcs?

-B

That is a really good point Benson. Sounds like a back fill tool would be very handy.

I don't often make use of the cut and fill calculations. On retaining walls I usually use 3D polygons to represent the back filled material but I'm left without any data on quantity needed.

Very good questions...