Sign in to follow this  
pdrake2126

trouble with reshape tool

not sure what happened, but the reshape tool has become finicky. i don't even get handles when i select the "add vertex mode".

anyone have any ideas if a setting changed?

Is your geometry far from internal origin ?

If not, I would assume a GPU driver problem.

You are on Windows ?

Not sure what you mean by "it works after i move a vertex," but no handles probably means some kind of corruption. If just that object but not others in the file, then that object is corrupt. If the whole file, it may be corrupt. If all objects in all files, VW is corrupt.

it's a rectangle. 16" x 8"

when i select the rectangle there are handles, when i select the reshape tool, there are handles, when i switch to "add vertex mode" the handles go away. when i switch back to just reshape the handles appear. when i move one and switch to add vertex mode the handles stay visible and i can add a vertex, but not until i move one.

hope that makes sense.

You need to convert to a polygon, then you will be able to add vertices. When you edit a rectangle and move a vertex, it automatically converts to a polygon. Or you can use the "Convert to polygons" tool. That's why you are seeing this behavior, which is normal.

PS, pdrake, you need to create a signature that has your VW version and OS so folks can know that to better understand your issue.