Attributes Pallette Lock

Not sure if anyone can shed some light.

I prefer to always draw in class none with all attributes set to class. Then once drawn, I assign a class to the object. Just a personnel preference.

As I always do the above I have (without an object selected) used the dropdown box at the bottom of the attributes palette and clicked on "Make all Attributes by class". I have also sized that palette so almost at minimum. I also don't tick "Pick up sets defaults" in the eyedropper settings. With all the above in mind, I find randomly that the fill sometimes reverts to no fill or solid but not classed. The palette will also resize to larger than what I require.

Anybody got ideas on what setting I'm missing?

• 3 weeks later...

Still having the above happen regularly, is this a bug?

Apart from setting the Attributes myself and bearing in mind the "Pick up sets defaults" in the eyedropper tool I can't think of a another setting which would cause the attributes to change.

Any ideas?

Pretty frustrating to think you're drawing away with the right settings only to find that by editing a resource possibly or moving objects that the default attributes have changed.

I'm also an all-by-class/components-guy.

You read this quite often that "Make all Attributes by class"

gets lost for some (or no reasons).

It does here too.

Similar to those 3D people like me that want 3D elements sit on layer plane

and never on screen plane at any time.

After some time you will find some 2D elements that align to screen anyway.

I don't know what the reason or the solution is but I got used to activate the

whole geometry from time to time and set everything to "Make all Attributes by class"

and "Use Class Material" again. Just to be secure.

A reason may be that you ungrouped something or a stripped a Symbol and

therefore find some elements not set by class. Or maybe after editing those

Elements, Attribute Palette forgets that "Make all Attributes by class" setting.

Thanks zoomer, I don't have a good understanding of the whole "screen" setup. I know that "layer" isn;t a setting I want to use and "Screen" is the one that works best for my output. I have tried to stop objects changing to layer by going to File > Document Settings > Document Preferences > Plane Mode and changing to "screen plane only". However through the job somewhere I will click on a rectangle or text I have drawn and it has reverted to layer or 3D. Don;t really know why, guess it's another setting somewhere, need to do some learning.

As far as the attributes are concerned it is possible that groups are ungrouped and theres items inside with old settings, however I frequently find that I will look up at the attributes palette when I have nothing selected and it has reverted to weird setup. The active class never changed from none.