Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Node networks

AlanW

• Marionette Maven

The simplest way I can put it is that when Python was introduced to Vectorworks, we duplicated the existing Vectorscript calls into a Python module called vs.

All of the vs.FUNCTIONNAME() calls are still Python, but they're directly related to the Vectorscript function library (which is Pascal based).

You can think of this kind of like translating code to a different language, and in this case we need these functions because they're linked specifically to the back end of VW. Both Vectorscript and Python calls from the vs module will do the same thing.

You can still do pretty much anything you could do with Python within Marionette, the vs calls are really only important for manipulating VW data and creating/editing objects. Any math or calculations or external data saving can be done with vanilla Python just as you would if you were using standalone Python.

I'm hoping to find the time to show some examples, but I'm not sure when that will be.

Please let me know if you need more clarification.

Edited by MarissaF