Snap object usability wish list item

[Roll Eyes] I hate to say it but Autocad has a lot of great features and one of them is how they handle snaping to objects. Not only can you specify as a rule what snaps you want to use you can override the presets at any time to zero in one one particular snap point. also If vectorworks can't do this they may be able to do this: Allow me to locate my curser over an object at any point on that object and press some key (tab in autocad) to rotate through all the available snap points on that object - another great autocad feature.

David,

You can control 6 snap types at any time, while drawing, with the preset shortcut keys, A,S,D,Q,W,E. These contol the constraints palette. You can change these preset keys with the workspace editor. The 6 snap types have many subsnap types you can change also.

You must be new to VW. These are basic tools available for a very long time. When I think back, it took me a while to get a feel for the best use of the snaps.

Henry

Henry,

AC allows one to isolate an individual snap control point via the tab button. VW requires that some combination of keys, depending on the default preference, be selected in order to achieve the same thing. For example, if you have snap points selected, toggled by A, D, Q, W & E, and you only need D, you must select A, Q, W & E. AC allows the user to hit the Tab button to scoll thru the list of available snap points, which is easier than "typing".

This item, and it's cousin the selection tool, is a 2D drafting item at which other programs offer a few keystrokes less work, resulting in quicker 2D prodution.

This item belongs in the Wish List.