Viewport Elevation Background Render Windoor IDs

Hi there

I have an elevation of a house with the IDs shown on each window.

Have gone through the Foreground Render settings and get the following results.

Hidden Line: text blurry but elevation looks good

Wireframe: text clear but hidden lines shown

Sketch: text clear but hidden lines shown

Dashed hidden line: text clear but hidden lines shown

How do I get the the elevation to show correct with the text clear also? Seems strange that the only usable foreground render setting has blurry text where the other ones text shows clear.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Creative Space NZ

Hello there..

It looks like whats happening is the WD-ID text in the elevation is getting rendered with the background render (and the hidden line render (foreground) options at the same time.

For this reason as well we've strayed away from showing any text objects that are on a 3D plane.

A work around would be to have 2 viewports. One viewport will have only the background render using that current setting you've got ("Renderworks-Style Real..."). And another viewport on top of that with the background render set to Hidden Line

Hope that helps

Cheers

Tui

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that Tui.

That will serve as a work around for this occasion but there must be a way to complete this with one viewport.

Of all the working drawings Ive seen the elevations never show hidden lines as dashed or wireframe, so it seems strange that the one usable setting of hidden line can't show the window IDs.

hi,

Make sure you have Display Planer Objects checked on your OIP if you want things like arrows and window ID to show. Also in the window settings for Aus/NZ tick the section in the window settings to show window ID on elevations.

HTH

Hi Alan

The attached image shows the problem I'm having.

If I change the Foreground render to say wireframe the text shows fine.

Seems strange that it works for a render that can't be used for the purpose of generating working drawing, but does work a setting that is not really of much use when generating working drawings.

• 4 weeks later...