Set Origin

Hello Jim,

I am new to VectorWorks and I found this -to my opinion- little confusing text difference between the Manual and the help text at the buttom oft Set origin dialog box. When I hold the mouse over the radio button of "Set Origin to Next Mouse Click" I get the following message in the bottom of the Set Origin Dialog Box "This option sets the origin (0,0) to the ground plane origin the internal VectorWorks origin." And when I move the mouse over the radio button "Set Origin to Drawing Center" I get the message "This option sets the coordinates (X,Y) of the next point selected moving the origin appropriately". If that is all correct I excuse for this message. I am comming from Autocad and was often working wth WKS and relative coordinates. (System - Win XPpro)

Thanks for the reply

Ulrich

Hello Jim,

I am new to VectorWorks and I found this -to my opinion- little confusing text difference between the Manual and the help text at the buttom oft Set origin dialog box. When I hold the mouse over the radio button of "Set Origin to Next Mouse Click" I get the following message in the bottom of the Set Origin Dialog Box "This option sets the origin (0,0) to the ground plane origin the internal VectorWorks origin." And when I move the mouse over the radio button "Set Origin to Drawing Center" I get the message "This option sets the coordinates (X,Y) of the next point selected moving the origin appropriately". If that is all correct I excuse for this message. I am comming from Autocad and was often working wth WKS and relative coordinates. (System - Win XPpro)

Thanks for the reply

Ulrich