Modify lighting instrument color - not working

jakeington

I'm new to Vectorworks so please forgive my ignorance.

I working in Spotlight Educational version 2016.

I can't seem to get the color field option to work in my document. I checked 'Use color field for the fill color' in Spotlight preferences but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Confusingly it DID work in an earlier document.

Any suggestions?

In order to have the gel number displayed you have to:

A) have a label legend assigned to the light. The label legend has to have "color" as an active field in it.

B) make sure that the class "label-color" is on.

The check-box of "use color as fill" means that the symbol will change color in the drawing based on the gel you've chosen. For example, if you enter R26 into the color field, then the lighting symbol should turn red.

Make sure your Lighting Instrument is assigned to a class with it's solid fill enabled. I use a Class called LIGHTS and I have Solid Colour set to White, and Pen settings of Solid and .35 as well.

As long as the class that the fixture is assigned to has a solid fill enabled, then you should be fine. I make sub classes for my lighting fixtures which helps as well

Take a look at the attached drawing