Linked text in symbols

I've actually tried that, as well as trying to give the text block a specific width in the OIP - the width of the text block seems to get lost in the shuffle somewhere, so that when I go to enter new text in the field of the record it's attached to, the text no longer wraps and seems as if it could go on forever in just one line! Or is there maybe another way of creating a text block? I've tried using the text tool to drag the oulin of the block, and I've tried typing randomly and resizing the block with the selection tool. Neither have worked so far....

You can't use word wrap with link text to record.

You also cannot use charachter returns with link text to record.

Each charachter return needs to be a new field in the record to link the text to.

This is basically because fields of records do not support character returns.

[ 05-14-2003, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Katie ]

You CAN get text to wrap in link text fields with an extra step. The classic way is to type the text, w/ returns, in a text editting program, copy it, and paste it into the desired field for the symbol in the OIP Data tab.

[ 05-14-2003, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Antone Cepernich ]

I'm trying to generate a symbol with text in it so that the text can be edited in the OIP data. I've linked the text to a record, but is there a way to limit the width of the text block that then appears on the drawing with the symbol? I'm not too sure how clear I'm being, but what I would like to do is not necessarily have the ability to use the return key while editing a particular field, but to have that field have a specific width when on the drawing and the text to wrap, like it would if I were typing in an ordinary text block. Is there a way to do this?