VW2016 open GL

hi!

i am running succefully VW2016 since yesterday on El Capitano

an went straight to work...!!!

I am presenting a fairstand made out of cubes. Open GL renders with white Cubes are great!!! But i have also black cubes and of course edges are rendered in black- no matter which colour i give as a pen colour on the design layer. i can work arround but would be curious if anybody has a trick?

i added a file to demonstrate

@joerg: I'm not sure if it will give any different results, but if you are using a Sheet Layer VP, you could try overriding the Class settings of the 'black objects' in the VP settings and set their line color to 'White'. This is assuming that the 'black objects' can be classed separately from the others.

I'm not sure this will work with class overrides, but it's worth a shot. Depending on whether your background is black or white, you need to select the opposite color.

I have done this successfully to get annotations to 'pop' over a dark SLVP by making them White, but I have never tried this with Class overrides.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

That will only work if you have ONLY ambient lighting enabled. If you have any other light sources like a heliodon then the effect is much less noticeable. However, the edges aren't turning white, thats a little bit of an optical illusion.

EDIT: Those "lines" are actually gaps in paneling the model catching light in different angles.

Edited by JimW