Hidden Line Foreground won't go away

Any idea why this viewport is acting like I have a hidden line foreground for it? I don't. I also don't have "Sketch" checked in the render style.

The image without the outlines is what I'm looking for in this viewport. It was working just fine behind another viewport which was in hidden line. But I thought it would be cool to get both things in one viewport and I thought it was possible. And when I tried to add a hidden line foreground to the viewport, the sketch lines started showing up and now I can't get rid of them.

Thanks!

Using VW 2015

If you are using 1 viewport to do this you need to look at foreground setting and background settings for the single viewport. You may have to turn one setting to none.

If you are using 2 seperate view ports it's a good idea to give them seperate classes so you can easily control which ones you are lookin at.

Doesn't look Sketchy to me. Isn't that the Renderworks Style>Realistic Color White?

No matter, Here are some things to look at and try:

•1st make sure there is only one VP, rather than a stack of two or more.

•In the OIP Shape tab for the VP, open the settings menus for both background and foreground renders. Uncheck the Sketch box.

•Object Sketch Style? - In the design layer, select an object that would be visible in the VP. In the OIP .Render tab set the Sketch Style (top pull down) to No Sketch (it defaults to Rough).

•VP Class Override Textures? - The Texture for any object in the VP may be set to Class Texture. Enter the VP Class menu and Edit one of the active classes associated with an object visible in the VP. Look in the texture tabs near bottom of the class edit dialog, including the Other tab. Adjust settings if necessary. Repeat for other classes. Or change object class render settings in the Design Layer.

•Isolate? Copy an offending object and paste it into a new blank file and test render. Create a VP in the new file and test render. Adjust settings as needed. Repeat in the source file.

HTH

-B

Benson,

In the first screenshot I attached, there are sketch lines around the desired Realistic Color White rendering. That is what I'm trying to get rid of (so it looks like the second screenshot)

I tried all of your suggestions, and unfortunately, nothing seems to be working. There's not an "offending object" so much as an offending render style that affects every object. Well, not a render style, just a haunting where every viewport has sketch lines on it. These lines show up in other Renderworks Styles too, such as Realistic Exterior Fast, which I haven't edited at all. They don't however, show up in the render modes that are not Styles, such as Fast Renderworks.

Alan,

Thank you, ideally I want to use one viewport to show shading and hard lines, but that is where I ran into this trouble. That's a good suggestion to use different classes for the two layers of viewports.

Thanks!

I've tried importing old Renderworks Styles from files where the sketch lines are appropriately absent in my renderings. This still doesn't change anything, so I'm wondering if there's a file-wide setting that causes all renderworks styles to use sketch lines?

Can you post a file with just a few objects with your render settings? I would take a look. I'm sure others would, too.

Another idea -

Does the VP have an extra layer or two visible, ones that should be invisible? Maybe layers displaying 2d linework?

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw

Sorry it's taken me a bit to get back to you.

I was going to post a file here. I duplicated the original and deleted (and purged) all but one object to try to get it under the 2MB forum limit, but it has bottomed out at 3MB. So I tried copying and pasting an object from the problem file into a "blank" file. I imported the render style from the problem file. It works correctly! I'm able to do both of the things I was trying to do (see second post).

This implies to me that I have a setting (or a corruption) in the original file, not associated with a particular object, render style, or viewport. It affects any viewport in which I use a Renderworks Style.

The problem is it is in a file where I don't want to lose the rest of my work or have to rebuild viewports. Any more ideas?

Thank you SO much for your help.

Do you still think it would help to share the pared-down problem file? Through DropBox, I guess?

Edited by Amelia S