Loci Alternatives

Peak Remodel

Question

Hey all,

In our shop, we have a CNC which we use to build cabinets. Every drawing that we make on Vectorworks Fundamental/Renderworks, is printed and put into a folder so our CNC operator is able to see exactly what it is they are working with. We also use this to keep track of all file components of a cabinet, etc. We use the loci tool to represent drill holes. We'll place the loci, assign it a class, and then the CNC will drill that out.

After doing a lot of searching online, I haven't been able to figure out how to print loci. All I have found this that they will not print. This is more annoying than an actual problem, because right now I just add the points in by hand. Is there something I could be doing to be more efficient? Is there a better tool than the Loci tool to use for drilling, or is there a way to make the loci points print at the very least?

Thank you in advance for any help you're able to offer.

Sincerely,

Tyler Roth

Peak Remodel

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

What I have seen done in similar cases is a symbol created with a loci, crossed lines crossing at the loci center and then a circle around the crossed lines, mostly to make it more obvious. They then simply stamp down this symbol instead of a loci.

The crossed lines and circle should still print, but then the loci should still remain for export formats that support it.

I posted a script back in January that replaces all the loci in a drawing with circles. It would be easy to update that to use symbols instead or the center mark tool.

Take a look and see if this would help your workflow. If so and you need help in modifying the script to meet your needs let me know.

https://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=157918#Post157918