Text Boxes - Numbered List

Amelia S

Question

Hey guys!

Here's something that's kind of trivial but I figured I may as well ask. Is it possible to have a numbered list with the text automatically justified to the left, a little bit away from the numbers? I've tried to explain my question and/or wishlist request graphically in the attached numbered list.

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

No way that I know of in VW's, unless you use the Space Bar and do it on the fly (which will get dicey when you hit the number 10!). You could attempt to create the list elsewhere (Word, Pages, etc.) and copy and paste, but no guarantees...

EDIT: Wait, I'll bet you can do this in a Worksheet!! In fact I know you can...

Edited by CipesDesign

Agreed! I fight with this on a daily basis. One other possible workaround would be to use two Text Blocks, one that only contains the numbers (and is spaced as appropriate) and the second to contain the actual notes.

You could align them Left, and the Notes Block could be aligned Left and allowed to Auto-wrap (which is possible).

Still, not ideal. But perhaps a bit easier to control...

Boooo! VW should have this figured out by now. It seams like such an easy thing for them to incorporate this. Numbered lists for our specs with proper indentation would be used all the time if it were easily editable and and auto numbered. I can't tell you the time we waste coping and pasting our specs, and having to reformat them because the original formatting does not paste in as intended.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Only if everything is done with that and keynotes. Ideally users should be able to do this within regular Text objects as well to keep things simple, with options to configure numbers, letters, bullet points, indents and so on like you can in word processing applications.