Editing door ID tags

Hi All

Just wondering if it's possible to edit the standard door ID tag so that it automatically displays some information from the Data tab.

Specifically I would like to enter data for the door's fire rating and have this information show up on my floor plans [for building control sign off] and also be able to schedule it in a worksheet.

Can I edit the tag like I can the spaces tags?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Chris/Michael

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. A very helpful set of webinars.

Michael is there any way to link the label symbol/record format you create in part 1 with the door that it sits next to? Ideally I'd like to be able to pull in the data from the two records formats into a single worksheet to make it as easy possible for anyone in my practice to work on a door schedule.

I'm guessing it's not possible but thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks again!

Glad you liked webinars. There were three of them. I think the first one is on a different page.

There is no way to link the worksheet to it's proximity to a door.

Yes, you can combine anything you want into one worksheet. If the criteria includes an object you can call fields from any and all record formats attached to that object.

Post an example here or email me one if you need more clarification.

mk