Sign in to follow this  
Haydenovative

Palettes Incorrect

Hey Gang,

I've noticed an odd anomaly and Id like to see if anyone else is experiencing it and may know a fix. I have tried to open the visualisation palette through Window>Palettes>Visualisation and I get the OIP palette pop up. Upon further investigation I've discovered toggling resource browser on and off I get Working planes palette, navigation now = Resource browser. So currently I cant bring up the visualisation palette at all. Very odd, any help? Thanks team!

Hey Guys,

Just a quick update and for anyone else who has this problem. The issue is a corrupt workspace file. Everything else seems to be in working order, but tis is unresolvable without rebuilding our custom workspace from scratch. Backup often! Thanks heaps!

Hi Hayden,

I encountered the same problem when I brought in my workspace from VW2013 to VW2015. I hope they fix this bug soon. It's annoying to upgrade to VW2015, and having to rebuild our custom workspace from scratch!

I think the problem is related to a change in the "Standard Palettes" menu chunk in the Workspace Editor. I think the new one has an additional item added, but old workspaces don't update to it correctly. You should be able to resolve this by selecting a standard palette (i.e.: Snapping) and deleting it. This will delete the entire list of standard palettes from our workspace. Then drag the "Standard Palettes" item back over to place the new one. Make sure to add your keyboard shortcuts back and you should be good to go.

Hayden -

You might also find that the issue is related to the number of menu elements in your WorkSpace. I had the same issue, tried what Matt described but that didn't fix things and had to do a little streamlining of my custom WorkSpace. It seems VW didn't like my having a most of the stock SpotLight commands, along with several custom items, most of the AutoPlot Tools for Spotlight commands, and many from the other Designer suites.