Another Worksheet Question - Dividing by count?

Hi All,

I have a symbol with a record attached, one of these record fields is sqft as a number value (to allow me to calculate the total sqft)

I now want to run a worksheet which allows me to summarise by name, count how many, give the sqft value of each and a total sqft.

my database headers are

=('Footprint'.'House Name')

=COUNT

=('Footprint'.'Area')

=B2*C2

However when I use these the =('Footprint'.'Area') column automatically multiplies by count. any ideas how I can divide by count instead?

I can't use the area tool as the sqft is calculated in a way that isn't directly linked to the symbol shape and needs to be a manual input.

It's strange that dividing by count doesn't work.

However, there is a simple solution.

1. Select one of the row headers (on the left x.xx)

2. Drag the SUM badge into the column you want to summarize. (you've already done this part)

3. Drag the SUM badge into the column you DON'T want to summarize. i.e., the SQFT value. It will no longer add the values in that column.

hth

mk

• 1 year later...

Where did you put that formula. In the database header row?

If you are just trying to divide two cells you don't need the SUM.

If you want to get the sum of a bunch of database rows, put the formula B16/B17 in the database header. The header row will then automatically calculate the SUM of all of the rows in that column.

Ask more if you still have questions.