Unable to backward save in new 2015

The file is corrupt when it's saved back to a 2013 "unexpected end of file..."

Grant, I encountered this problem and it was a file naming issue. File names need to be alphanumeric only with the suffix of .vwx

Make sure your file names don't include any characters other than numbers and letters. Spaces should be okay but anything else might be a problem. Especially bad are multiple full stops and forward and backward slashes.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
It's launch day, so I expect problems..for me, 2015 is not stable enough for production work. It is noticeably faster, but working with Sheet viewports crashes every time and annotations in viewports keep the beach ball spinning. Had to go back to 2014 for now...but, the export process back to 2014 was flawless.

Please get in touch with support directly, send them your file and let them know what will cause crashing, we'll get it figured out.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

We were not able to replicate your issue with any files made here, but R&D was able to isolate the issue found in your file and it should be corrected in an upcoming service pack.

Apologies that there isn't a faster fix, but it wasn't something that could be repaired in the file, it had to be repaired in the application itself.

To other users: this does not appear to be widespread, but if you do come across this problem, please send me the affected file to verify the solution will work for your files as well.