MacBook Pro 15" Retina display of selected objects

Seems to be a problem highlighting selected objects on the screen of my MacBook Pro 15" Retina. I select a bunch of small objects, and only some of them are highlighted. Zoom level does have an effect. I think it's Vectorworks not addressing the resolution of the Retina display properly, and it certainly is annoying and harder to work.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

To get thoughtful for a moment, there seem to be certain personality types that are predisposed to finding bugs.

Mainly people who NEED to know how something works or why something happens, on a very base level. They learn what every setting of every tool they use does and experiment with them to see how far they can go.

The opposite end of the spectrum are the users who come across a tool, try to use it, and if it doesn't do anything immediately obvious they remove it from their workspace never to be seen again. They stick to the basic palette, draw walls with the double line tool, and never come across any bugs at all.

• 3 weeks later...

I just read this and am suddenly feeling very nervous about my switch to a MacBook Pro 15" retina display ( from a PC). I just got the computer and plan to get VW Landmark up and running tomorrow. I also plan to use it with an external monitor. The main reason I got this computer, over others, was because I thought the graphics and i7 would be so beneficial for VW. Am I going to regret this decision? Any tips on what to do to avoid the many bugs you mentioned?

Thanks,

Brooke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...