Dual Dimensions after the fact

I normally draw and dimension in Imperial. I had a request to put dual dimensions on an existing set of drawings. I updated my dimension style in the file turning dual stacked on. I saved the file, closed it and reopened it and all the dimensions updated to dual dimensions. Perfect. But they all have a precision of 0.1mm when I would like it to be 1mm instead. So I back up and doing it all again. Still the same problem.

So I assume the next step in solving this is to select groups of dimensions in each sheet layer viewport using the Magic Wand tool and then updating their secondary dimension accuracy directly. Problem is when you select a group of dimensions and click on the secondary dimension bubble it still shows fractions instead of Metric rounding. If you choose No Fractions it does nothing. Is this a bug?

I've had trouble trying to change the precision of multiple dimensions in the past. Perhaps this is just an extension of that bug.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Confirmed here.

New dual dimension objects I draw with the increased rounding precision work fine, but existing dual dims do not take the changes to rounding precision at all. Single dimensions behave as expected and update globally when I change the documents unit precision.

Submitting now.

Dimension trouble, this is the way VW's handles Chain dimensions and linear Dimensions. In version 2014 the info palette doesn't differentiate between the two, making it difficult to select one or the other with the wand tool.

Here is an image to help describe what is happening:

[img:left]http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=10132&filename=Dimension%20Issue.jpg[/img]

Edited by John Meunier

Just in case it might have slipped but you can edit a single dimension in a chain dimension by right clicking on a dimension and "Edit Dimension" to be able to turn on/off primary or secondary dimension value.

But a global setting for the dimension string would be much more appropriate and would save a tonne of time.