Door & window breaks with caps vs without?

billtheia

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Thanks.

Any idea why doesn't it work with doors NOT inserted as symbols?

Looks like an issue that needs to be patched. Tried with a number of wall styles and door configurations and I get the same results, which seem wrong, especially considering when you use them as a symbol it works as I would expect.

Really? In something as basic as a door?

Never assume a bug can't exist, regardless of how commonly used the tool may be. They can appear anywhere for no apparent reason. A huge part of my job is identifying when something exactly like this happens and submitting it to engineering.

Which I shall do right now!

Edited by JimW
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Not a clue, but I gave up on needing a full understanding of why users may want abilities that were not included by default a long time ago and turn towards WHAT they're trying to do and how to best suit that. I think it essentially comes down to; if I we a group of people asking for a feature they are willing to pay for, then it should be made available.

I mean... there are certainly cases where "But WHY isnt there a parametric cotton candy object in Vectorworks?! I need to model tufts of delicious spun sugar in a number of ways and need a plug in object to do it!!" may occur and those still go on the request list, just much lower on that list than "Good, solid handrails." would.

Edited by JimW