Jumbled Text in Worksheets

Worksheets on drawings plot with jumbled text, making the Door Schedule (or whatever) unreadable. The same font utilized in the worksheet plots fine in the drawing as plain text, or part of a group or symbol. All fonts appear correctly on screen.

This occurs from (2) computers - (1) running 10.1.5/9.5.2, and (1) running 10.1.5/9.5.3.

This does NOT occur from a computer running 9.2.1/9.5.2 - the drawing plots as intended.

All are ps fonts, recently updated.

We're ready for this non-working font stuff to end.....

I've had this happen to old VW8 files since upgrading to VW9. Any worksheet (text blocks printed ragged) that used "Futura Book" printed hyper condensed (Mac Powerbook, OS10, Realtech Laserwriter, HP 650). I simply highlighted all my text in each file and changed it to "Futura". Although it took awhile, and wasted some paper, it worked fine.....

NNA?....little help here, please. Katie? Robert?

Is this a font mapping problem within VW? These same fonts work fine in other programs in OS9 & 10.

We are unable to use the fonts we want to customize the look of our drawings; the "look" of the drawings is a marketting strategy for NNA.

Well text and graphics are handled a bit differently when printing. Have you tried using the "Postscript Only" checkbox in the print dialog?

You could also check your output from VectorWorks first ot find out if the problem is in VW or the printer/driver.

What does the text look like if you use the PDF preview option? (BTW when using the OSX PDF, the above mentioned checkbox may eliminate all text)

The checkbox doesn't help. The same plot with jumbled text and substituted fonts is created, with or without the PS (for "faster printing") checkbox selected.

We have new printer drivers from HP for OSX.

PDF is a mess - WGR don't plot or print. Including to a reliable, stable HP5000N for a test print, to which PDF files from all other sources work fine.

VW continues to substitute Geneva for fonts it can't recognize. And it jumbles Geneva in a Worksheet. We change the font from Geneva to C Univers Condensed 57 (or whatever) everytime on opening a file, and the font then appears Ok on screen. Then VW applies it's own whammy to the file and walla! - substituted fonts and jumbled worksheets. The same thing happens when we leave the fonts alone, as substituted by VW.

We are experiencing these same problems with VWA10 from OSX. We have have yet to implement VWA10, and until we can understand these issues, and others, to lessen the learning curve with the new software, we probably won't.

Where is the font mapping selection? I don't see it in any tab under Vectorworks or Document Preferences.

Is this jumbled text problem a known issue? Could NNA review a few of our VW files? Even if you don't have our specific font, the problem is occuring with Geneva, which you should have in your system.

This isn't a help I know, but I have one 10.2.1 machine that will not print from Vectorworks 9.5.x. We don't see the issues you are having with text and the like (with the exception on printing a portion of the page where the print border crosses a text block, but that goes away once you move the print border back) I have four other 10.2.1 machines printing fine/3 10.1.5 Machines printing fine.

I am going to probably wipe that drive and then reinstall to see what happens.