Date Stamp in title block symbol doesn't update

I created a custom title block and included a date stamp. Problem is, it will not update unless I go in to edit the symbol. I tried "reset all plug-ins" from the tools menu and export pdf dialog box, neither will update within the symbol. I tested the date stamp being outside of the symbol and it updates fine. But I really don't want to have to put a date stamp on every single sheet in the file, somewhere around 80 sheets. I guess it is set up this way so that dates on sheets are only updated if they change? I would like the date for the whole document updated.

What version of VW are you using?

Are you using the title block with the Sheet Border tool? I've found that the data stamp updates when using the Sheet Border tool as a "wrapper" for the title block symbol. When the symbol is used without the Sheet Border tool, it doesn't update. Not sure why.

Also, there is a checkbox in the print dialog box to "Reset all plug-in objects that require a reset prior to printing." This will also update the data stamps in title blocks inside the sheet border tool.

If you are using a Mac and using the OS to create pdfs that will also update the data stamps before a pdf is created.

hth

mk

I've found that the data stamp updates when using the Sheet Border tool as a "wrapper" for the title block symbol. When the symbol is used without the Sheet Border tool, it doesn't update. Not sure why.

Because it's half-baked, like most VW features.