Making a calendar with Vectorworks...

I've been toying around with the idea of making a calendar in Vectorworks, but only for work. I have not found a calendar application on the Mac that will really allow total customization and freedom. I'm willing to sacrifice things such as syncing and alarms for this particular calendar. I really just want a nice looking, colorful overview of the month that I can reference.

I work in the film industry and need to make a calendar (ONLY MONTHLY VEIW) to show how many additional people I need to hire, equipment that needs to be rented, what locations are on those days, and so forth.

These really aren't "events" and I've been playing around with various calendar apps and in order to create different colors, I'll have to create a separate calendar. I also like things to be in specific order; for instance additional people at the top of the day and the application will often shuffle this around for various reasons.

Which is why I'm thinking of using Vectorworks. I was playing around last night and created a 1"x1" block and duplicated it to make my monthly view. All is good so far, but my questions are:

1. Has anyone ever made a calendar in Vectorworks and if so, any advice?

2. I'm worried I'm not seeing a potential problem? Can anybody foresee something?

3. When I get my 31 "day blocks" for the month of May, is there a simple way to put the dates in? I was thinking about converting the square to a light instrument and using the number feature.

4. I'm thinking my setup for the document would be at a 1:1 scale and I'd just create an 8.5x11 viewport and make a PDF for printing and for iOS. In your opinion, would this be the best way to create this...

I'm still a novice with the program and have only used it to make lighting plots so I'm welcome to any advice you can give me.

Thank you.

If you really want to do this, I would use a symbol with a record attached to it. You can then enter the date and other stuff through that record.

But I would not recommend doing a calendar in VW. There will be much manual work.

Can I suggest the following: wwww.tomsplanner.com There is a free version that I use for some clients and I really am happy with it. It's very easy to use and I think it's more of the thing you are looking for. There will be more programs out there on the net... maybe a wordpress website/blog, there are many plugins to use and there may be a calendar/planner app that suits your needs.