Pad within mutiple slope options

J. Wallace

Question

Currently if you place a pad in a site model then apply a slope to this you are able to effect/control the slope in one direction. By moving the two control points on the slope option you can effect any direction on a given pad.

However when a driveway exits a site onto a sloped road you need to slope a pad (the driveway) in multiple directions to be accurate and simply the process. The ability to add additional slope control points (in some ways like a roadway station points) would make site modeling a far simpler process.

11 answers to this question

Currently if you place a pad in a site model then apply a slope to this you are able to effect/control the slope in one direction. By moving the two control points on the slope option you can effect any direction on a given pad.

Is this new in 2013? I have 2011 and I don't see that option/ability. I've been struggling with getting a pad to slope along its length. It seems by default to always slope across the width. Does anyone know of any good resources that explain the intricacies of pad manipulation? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks. My problem was I had "Display Slope Line" turned off. Once I turned it on I was able to figure it out. Thanks again. A real life saver. I was totally stumped on that one. Glad it was an easy solution. Is there a way to do that with Hardscapes yet?

Thanks.

Hi Dworks

I have used 3d polygons as site modifiers and your right these can help 'tweak' situations. I do think an enhancement on the slope option would make the process smoother. Large hard surfaces can be tricky to meld together without this control.

Just my two cents worth....

Hi Dworks

I have used 3d polygons as site modifiers and your right these can help 'tweak' situations. I do think an enhancement on the slope option would make the process smoother. Large hard surfaces can be tricky to meld together without this control.

Just my two cents worth....

The whole site modifying needs to be easier with far more control, that I'm aware of. I only wanted to share a way you can do what you want know, in some degree.

Dips, swale, and multi slope pads are a daily occurrence and the lack of ability to easily modify the DTM to meet requirements is always frustrating. The need is great! I am often frustrated on the complex operations needed to show proper elevation modifications. This process should be made more intuitive, this will ensure a more accurate DTM.