About importing and applying pattern on walls

LiinaL

Question

Hi!

I have this issue that I would like to import and apply a pattern picture that I have created on Adobe Illustrator to Vectowroks and apply it on my windows. So, I tried to make the background of the pattern transparent and then importing it as a image and as a texture to Vectorworks but it seems not to work. I saved my file in Illustrator as for Web and chose the background to be transparent and then when trying to import it it did not work. Also tried to import the image and make the background transparent on Vectorworks. Do You have any suggestions or ways I could do it so I would have it on the windows as a sticker and have it when I render..

Here is the pattern, the window is usual window, measurements 2meters x 1,6 meters.

Could use this pattern as a example .. So the white background to be transparent i.e see-through.. and the pattern on the wall.

http://openclipart.org/detail/1015

3 answers to this question

This is more of a question for the Renderworks section, but regardless, Jonathan is right, use the inverse in the Transparency channel of your texture (choose "Image Mask", then click on "Transparent Color Mask", then click on the color you want to be transparent).

Vectorworks will ignore transparant backgrounds/alpha channels created in Photoshop or Illustrator, etc. You have to redo the transparency after you import it, during the creation of the texture.