DTM base elevation?

Benson Shaw

I drew a DTM with building & other elements with lowest contour at Elevation 0, and later want to insert the whole package into a property at other elevation, say 27' (above sea level). How do I get the contour line labels to adjust (original 10' should now read 37')?

I thought adjusting the base contour offset to 27' and changing the max and min elevations to accommodate (100' & -100') should take care of this. Contour elevation labels adjust by 7'. It accepts only the last digit of the offset - the "ones", but not the "tens".

OR it seems that if the DTM z value is adjusted by drag in side view or via OIP, the contour labels should adjust to new z values.

I am missing the simple solution. How is this done?

-B

why not adjust the original data points used to create the site model?

Thx Jonathan! Shoulda thought of that. But it's kind of a dilemma.

Place the source 3d polys at proper z, and increase the min/max display limits to show the model and potentially have calc/render errors from the model far above the drawing origin (7500' up on Mt Egmont or 25000' up on K2?).

Or

Move the source poly's up, then lower the OIP z value of the model to bring it all back down to origin (but then my tent/building & items placed on the DTM have incorrect elevations when checked with 3d loci. Oh well, moving the source polys takes care of my original question.

i usually select points and move 3d Z value to desired.

Thanks, Bryan! Do you mean the z value of the Site Model? When I do that, it doesn't change the contour elevation labels. or did you mean adjusting the source data z? or other?

-B