Exporting a PDF

Hi I have Fundamentals 2011 on PC.

I am trying to export a PDF to a client.

I go to File - Export - then PDF is not an option.

I exported an 'Image' file, which saved as a Jpeg, but no one can open them except me.

Any ideas?? I need my clients to be able to see my drawings.

Many thanks

Jemima

Install a pdf virtual printer. I use CutePDF Writer but there are others that are free. This utility works as a printer and it will be included in the list of printers available. After installing, select the pdf printer in the Page Setup and set the print options such as sheet size, landscape, etc. When you are ready to create the pdf, just click on print and the pdf printer should already be selected as the output device.

This method will work in any application that has the print function.

CutePDF website

Welcome to the Forum!

As you found out, Fundamentals does not include pdf export. That is a shameful omission in the "lite" version of the software (my opinion). Do what Miguel Barrera suggests.

I wonder why others can't open your jpgs? Post one here so forum can try. Switch to Full Reply Screen and use the File Manager to add files to your post.

-B

Guest nigel.c

Hi Jemima -I don't know about Fundamentals (I use Landmark) but in Landmark when I export a .jpg the default is some odd thing called .jpg2000 - just select .jpeg Image and you should be fine.

jpg2000 is still uncommon - I don't know why it's VW's default.

A free pdf printer is http://www.pdf995.com/ (it has an annoying advert unless you pay for it but that is all).

cheers, Nigel

• 3 weeks later...

I have attached a list (compiled with assistance of Jonathan Pickup) which shows what is missing in Fundamentals.

I think there is a case for renaming Fundamentals. Like Revit, Archicad and Autocad which all have "lite" versions and are seriously lacking.

Unfortunately the price difference between Fundamentals and Architect may persuade buyers to go for Fundamentals. The longer term costs may well prove be more significant.

?It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.?

― John Ruskin