Multiple images on Sceen Tool

This is the problem I keep running into. My client wants renders showing different content on the Video Screens. The only way I can think about doing this is to edit each screen for each render.

I would like to have this setup so I can save each of these screens with only using 1 VideoScreen PIO, then create viewports/sheetlayers with each piece of content. This way when they want some sort of scenic change but want to see all 3 different screen content all I have to do is fix scenic then re-render each Sheet Layer.

The only way I can think of doing this right now is to have multiple Video Screens in different classes and turn off/on the one I need. The problem with this is, if I have to move/change the screen, then I have to edit 3 screens.

Anyone have any other solutions to this?

Chad -

Because of all of the image adjustments (scaling, positioning, tiling, etc.), image content is limited to being managed exclusively through the image picker dialog. That being said, though, if you want to think through and send me some sort of description as to how you'd want this to work, I can add it to our on-going wishlist and see if there is a way to add the functionality.

An interesting idea...

I've been thinking about this for a week now. This is what I've come up with. In the OIP you add a button for "Edit Screen Image 2" and "Edit Screen Image 3." That way you can still do geometry on each screen image the same way we do now. The only difference is the screen images have their own class (VS-Screen Image 1, VS-Screen Image 2, VS-Screen Image 3). You do a drop down menu in the OIP that allows you to select which image you want active, but in reality it would just be changing the visibility of the 3 classes. This way when you are doing viewports and sheetlayers you can just make the class visible for the image you want.

1 more thing that I think would be neat to see in the next release. In your Audio Toolset you gave the option of letting the userset the prefix for the classes. This would be help because then I could keep all my video classes organized together.