Better use of dual monitors

taoist

Question

Would be great if we could have plan view one (1) monitor and 3D on the 2nd monitor.

Also ability to have mulitple views per monitor.

Think plan on one, 4 elevatiosn on other.

This way we could see design from various perspectives (viewpoints) while designing.

9 answers to this question

I would rather see multiple views, regardless of multiple monitors. I use my second monitor for my resource, attributes, info and restriction pallet. So it's full enough.

I can't work withouth the resource pallet on the second screen, Too much scrolling, now I see 60 to 70 resources at a time.

Maybe triple monitor support so I can put those extra views on a third one?

i've always used Multiple screens and like Dieter says if only for somewhere to dump the Tool Palettes it really makes life simpler.

On top of that it also allows me to see data in other Apps that might be crucial to the project i'm working on without having to Tab through them all to reach what i'm after and if you need worksheets you can have a dedicated screen just for that or viewports or . . . .

But detachable/tearoffs would be an excellent choice to include.

I was reading this and thought I'd give it a try, so I put my OIP, Resource browser and Navigation palette on my 2nd monitor but then I notice my mouse scroll wheel would no longer work to zoom in/out. Did any of you have this problem?

Just tried and scroll works fine.

For those who may encounter this, I figured out my problem, I had the main VW workspace open on my secondary monitor and I ripped the 3 palettes to my primary monitor. For some reason VW does not like that as it works fine now that I've switched it around (VW to primary monitor and ripped palettes to secondary monitor)