Survey results

I have a new person sat behind me, recently over from NZ, I asked and was told in the 20 years they have worked in NZ, it was only the last practice of 5 years that used VW all others were AutoCAD. None of their working friends in other practices use/used VW. As far as they are concerned, VW is very rare in NZ.

I am surprised at that survey and do find it hard to believe this is a true picture. VW is not BIM, not in anyway I can see when you look at Revit and what BIM is meant to provide as a whole construction team.

Thanks for sharing though, it is good to know how trends form. I would be really interested to know how many licenses have been sold in VW, AutoCAD, REvit, MicroStation etc. This reminds me of my friend telling me the Japanese Architects only use MicroGDS, yet I struggled to find evidence away from the companies own site at the time. If you think VW is hard going, try that, although this was some 7 years back mind.

Cheers,

Q

I have a new person sat behind me, recently over from NZ, I asked and was told in the 20 years they have worked in NZ, it was only the last practice of 5 years that used VW all others were AutoCAD. None of their working friends in other practices use/used VW. As far as they are concerned, VW is very rare in NZ.

When I was in NZ over ten years ago we used VW and another practice I did some work for used Archicad. I didn't know any using Autocad. Doesn't mean Autocad was rear. Just rear in my circle.