Lines in render where wall butts into L-joined walls

Oh lordy. Trying to get rid of these lines (generated by Hidden Line render). Any ideas? The second image shows the wall connection in plan 3D; it's consists of two L-joined walls and then another wall butting into corner. The walls are perfectly aligned. It doesn't seem to matter what combination of joining I do.

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=6773&filename=lines.png

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=6774&filename=plan.png

One of the many problems with wall connections. The only way to do this correctly is this:

(I see the outer walls as horizontal and the other wall as vertical)

- Draw the vertical wall to the outside side of the horizontal walls.

- T join the two horizontal walls the the vertical one.

- Now your join will look good in 2D, but not in 3D because VW doesn't cut out the components of the vertical wall (this is a bug to me, submitted it several versions now)

- Create a symbol that will cut out those components of the vertical wall.

- Place the symbol in the wall.

- Now you will have a join that is correct and will not show extra lines.

For where the line comes from: Whenever a wall or wall components is under an angle, it will show a line. That's why the new better Y joins only do it good in 2D. If you have several components, you will still get the line in 3D because of this. Look at your components in 3D top view and you see that the component of the vertical wall that touches the outer side of the horizontal walls is under an angle to the inside. This causes the line.

Here's the example file. I've added a component version which didn't seem to help.

I'd really like to avoid creating symbols for this kind of thing if I can help it. If there's no wall join combination that works I'd rather the walls just weren't joined. At least then I don't have to do a training session in the office just so others know how to edit the file.

Here's the example file. I've added a component version which didn't seem to help.

I'd really like to avoid creating symbols for this kind of thing if I can help it. If there's no wall join combination that works I'd rather the walls just weren't joined. At least then I don't have to do a training session in the office just so others know how to edit the file.

I just tried it again, and actually the Y-joins are better then I thought. They really are better. You only need to know how to do it. (I can drop my symbols apparently, phew.)

I'll attach the image on what the steps are.

The thing is that you always need to join the walls with L and T. Then you have to re-join the wall components because they aren't ok. It can be that you have to redo it because it matters in some cases which component is joined first. In a second attempt, the line that doesn't show right in my picture is fine now. So you really have to try different things out.