Saved Views Not Saving

Has anyone had the experience of editing a saved view (turning on or off a layer for example) and then clicking OK to close the Saved View dialogue box but the changes do not get saved. I had a persistent problem with this several years ago. I don't recall how it got resolved. It's happening again. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

One thing to be aware of (and this might not be what's going on for you): Once you Edit View you need to select the view again in the pulldown in order for the changes to take effect. In other words, I often wonder why, upon exiting the Edit View dialog, the view hasn't changed as expected... But then I remember to select the view again and all is well...

It's actually weirder than that. I just edited a saved view and the new layer that I added got saved but two other layers also got turned on - layers that I previously had on and later turned off and they successfully stayed off until this edit. My work-around is to turn on (or off) layers through the Organization Dialogue and then save a new Saved View with the same name and overwrite the previous one. I keep the view names short to keep this easy. Bit I'd love to know how to fix the glitch.

You can just "Redefine" your saved view by right-clicking the view name in the Navigation palette after you've changed any layer/class visibilities. At least it saves you the hassle of re-typing the name. You might find it is easier, and more consistent/dependable, to edit your saved view via the Navigation Palette (class and layer tabs) and then just redefine it (saved view tab). I've changed my workflow to that now. It seems to work much better, and faster.

Monadnoc