spiral tool

just used solidworks this afternoon to draw a screw part by extruding a cylinder then creating a spiral around the extruded cylinder and making a triangle shape defining the removal profile and using the cut command along the spiral.

It was pretty cute and I though maybe I'd been missing something but couldn't find a spiral or similar command in vectorworks when I got back to my computer. So I tired searching the board here for "spiral" with no results. So I'm wondering if there is a tool or method I'm missing for drawing hardware with a spiral thread.

sorry,

realize it is not in my profile but I'm using an old version on a mac

( 9.5.3 )

Cannot find create helix spiral.

The only spiral tool is in the 2D tool box for spiraling out in a two dimensional way.

I have found that the sweep tool offers a spiral setting.

So the question I have bearing the foregoing in mind is, can I use a sweep to cut a cylinder that represents the body of the fastener?

one supposes as an alternative that I could create the sweep as a positive using a radius so that it was empty at the smaller diameter of what would be uncut or unrolled diameter of the fastener.

I'll try playing with this this evening but if anyone has any suggestions or recollections related to this version or method that would help I will, of course be appreciative, and am flattered that folks seem to be falling over how fast they can key in answers to my humble questions.

thanks

brian