That seems to have worked Cipes. I knew the edit thing worked on wall end points but I didn't realize you could add vertexes to a wall.

Thanks.

Of course there's still a goof somewhere in the program or in the user manual. Not that anyone cares anymore since we're talking about 8.5.2

Why can't patches be issued? Why do we have to shell out more $$$ when we want to see a fix to the program?

I know. I really liked 8.5.2! And 9 was really buggy until this latest release. Ultimately I've come to the realization that if I'm gonna use a computer I'm gonna have to budget $$$ for software (and hardware) upgrades. I guess I'm lucky to have (most of my) clients who understand that all this high-tech hoo-ha has value. When I email them a 360? rotating "movie" of their design (as a model) they get it! PLC

I have a question about 3d gables.

In the Vectorworks manual (8.5.2) Page 14-30 it describes how to create a gable using the edit roof dialog box.

The box shows a radio button marked gable walls which you are supposed to select and the program creates a gable wall and makes the roof face into a gable roof. But...

on the next page there is another picture of a roof edit dialog box which has a radio button marked gable ends. Thi is the dialog box I get. There is no gable wall option and when I select the gable end option the program does not create gable walls, only ends.

How do I do it. This is really bugging me since there doesn't appear to be any way to create a smooth gable wall short of making two walls and pulling one end down to have 0 elevation.

help someone please.