working with wall hatches

I'm drawing a simple foundation section for a house and using 100mm wide rectangles for the walls. The inner leaf is hatched with Fabric Blockwork SC, I don't know what the SC stands for but the coursing lines are 215mm which is correct for a UK block. What I'm trying to do is to have the bottom block start on top of the foundation strip but it doesn't seem possible to move the coursing lines even when the rectangle is moved or flipped. Is there a way to do this as the same applied to the brick outer leaf which is Fabric Brickwork SC?

It can scale if you move the corner vertices. It rotates by the middle vertices. It moves by grabbing anywhere else.

And, yes, it's sort of like the object with the hatch is a mask object in a photo editing application. The hatch has an origin... someplace (not sure what or where that origin is..). So multiple objects with the same hatch will have their hatches align - unless you use the attribute mapping tool on one of the objects.

mk

Edited by michaelk

ah no! here it is, but if it was available from the attributes palette in VW2009 I can't be sure.

And then Associative and Non Associative hatches are a different animal.

These cases are all Associative - but if you select a rectangle and go Modify>Hatch you have the option of filling an area with a non-associative hatch.

I'm not sure if it's in 2009. But if you draw a rectangle and give it a hatch you can check to see if there's a little Hatch Settings button in the top right of the Attributes Palette (see the png above)

World & page controls whether your hatch is 225mm scaled to the view or 225mm across the printed sheet.

Have you found the non-associative hatch command under the Modify menu? It fills an area (incl rectangles) with a hatch fill which behaves quite differently.