OS lion & vanished Application Support files

davidwd

Hi ,

Perhaps Im missing something but .....

On one particular set up I have recently installed OS 10.7.1 Lion , now downloaded the 2012 trial , and wishing to enter particular workspaces (is it not possible to import workspaces with new file imports ?) on-reopening a 2011 created file in the 2012 version .

So I'm looking for Specified workspaces which I know were previously stored in the VW files in User/ Library / Application Support / Vectorworks etc.

No files to be found - No Vectorworks Application Support folders - Something strange from my side or does anyone else see this and where have my workspace files gone - and is there a way I can transfer from 2011 to 2012. ?

so - on further investigation -my own question answered.....

The User / Library /Application Support folder is not immediately visible under OS 10.7.1 Lion .

It is necessary to go to the GO menu and holding down the option key , the "Library"-ie User/Library/ >>>> will then appear. Showing all app. support folders as under previous OS systems.

Still , its a very simple question and the answer might be obvious but , is there a method of exporting / importing workspaces with files between VW versions ?

In the VW preferences dialogue you can optionally choose an alternate location for storing your user data. If the OS is now making the default location less accessible, would there be any drawbacks in redirecting and locating your user data in the documents folder?