WHERE ARE TEMPLATES FILED?

Personal Template files are now stored in your User Folder: 2009/Libraries/Defaults/Templates

You can access the User Folder from the User Folders tab of Vectorworks Preferences. Note the option to add Workgroup and Project Folders - these are locations where you can also access Default Content from. Use Help if you want to know more about this.

thanks Mike & Pat,

It's interesting that you don't have any templates Mike. Is this because you set up worksheets somewhere else?

I only show 4 templates non of which I use and two of which are from an earlier fundamentals programme. I also have another template files in Applications Support and that's 2008 versions, however one that I can access when in VW I can't see in either of the file lists so there must be a third location somewhere for templates?!

Andrew

Andrew I don't use Vw 2009 for new work so I no longer have any need for Vw 2009 Custom template files.

With each new version the first thing I do is redefine the Default.sta file to how I prefer it and I then use that as the base to create new template files from.

Yes Mike that's what I did with VW2008 but when I'm in 2009 it seems to look in the VW2008 templates folder instead for some reason. I think I need to trash that folder and see what happens!