Help with sheet layers - 1/2 size set to full size set

Hello,

We previously created a 1/2 size set onto A3 sized paper for an in-house set and would like to convert all of the sheet layers to full size (double scale) onto A2 sized paper.

Could someone please provide some suggestions for doing this without having to recreate all of the sheet layers? Or is this even possible?

your help is greatly appreciated,

grodr

Hi...

In our office, we normally create sheet layers at "full size" (A1 in our case). This would be the set size for the working drawings etc., but for the in house versions we print at A3, by simply using Page Setup > Printer Setup, and changing the scale to 49%-50% (depending on the printer we are printing to).

The actual scale of the A3 set would obviously be half of what is noted on the sheet, i.e. 1/4" scale, would actually be 1/8" on the A3. But again, these sets are for in-house purposes anyway.

In your case, you'll just have to calculate the percentage change of A2-A3... Probably something like 70%. I would not recommend doing it the opposite way A3-A2, for obvious reasons.

Hope this helps...

hello,

thank you for your response, unfortunately we did not think it through and work from large to small (A2-A3).

any ideas of how to reverse the order of scale without having to reset all of the sheet layers and annotations?

thanks again,

grodr

Hi again...

By scaling (up) your page in Page Setup to something like 140%, and changing your paper size to A2, a proportionate print would be produced. However, the noted scale (of the VP) would be off by that factor as well. This method is the reverse of what we do and your annotations would 'stick' to the original geometry (and be just as proportionate as the rest of the VP).

Ideally, you would want to go the other way, and I therefore recommend working from big to small from now on.

A solution for your issue would be if you can create, (or have someone create) a script that can 'convert' all of your A3 sheets to A2, as well as scale the VPs to suit. A few clicks on the script on a file and you should be in 'the promise land', so to speak!

As far as, if this is at all possible, is beyond me, as I have not yet learnt how to create scripts. I can only use them, and think of RADICAL ideas of some!

:-)

As others have suggested, I always create my sheets at their final, full sizes. But I print them as PDFs, and then have the printer (in my case typically a printing service) reduce them by 50% when half-size sets are desired. This has the added advantage that everything, including line weights, is proportionally reduced without having to adjust the line weight scale, etc., in the viewports.